Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Zoe in Blue"

I was incredibly, well, honored to be awarded an honorable mention in the Connecticut Society of Portrait Artists' 2014 Faces of Winter Exhibition for my portrait Zoe in Blue. The 83 paintings (from the 200 submitted) were among the most beautiful contemporary portraits I have ever seen, so I felt quite lucky to be included.


Zoe was a great little model; she and Lucy actually enjoy posing quite a lot. (I'm lucky to have four beautiful girls to paint!)

It's amazing how much you learn with each painting. The excitement you have when you finish one provides a rather helpful springboard into the next painting. I've been sketching and planning and gathering costumes and fabrics, so with any luck I'll post a photo of the new project soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a dummy! I didn't even realize that you painted, and especially images of this quality! I neglected to click on this blog's link in your profile. You sir are talented!

    ReplyDelete